What I do (in a nutshell)
Research&Analysis (user research, content audits, stakeholders interviews, expert and comparative reviews, analytics reviews), design (IA, IxD, ID, prototyping) and development (graphic design and programming).
Successful management of complexity and information overload is a key success factor for building an effective user experience. IA (and Interaction design) puts people and their behaviors first, and aims at filling the cognitive gap between users expectations ("I thought that button would have pointed me to...") and the real experience on a given device or platform.
- I do: make user experience easier;
- I accomplish this through: card sorting, definition of categorization schemes, design of use cases, personas and scenarios;
- I deliver: architecture diagrams, user flows, controlled vocabularies.
Interface and visual design
Providing users with the ability to naturally do things, going places and understanding the message the website or application carry, topped with beautiful and intuitive graphic design is the best way to shape a pleasureable, meaningful and rewarding user experience.
- I do: make user experience more comfortable and more pleasant;
- I accomplish this through: balancing conventions, metaphors and accepted design patterns with less obvious and more innovative solutions;
- I deliver: navigation systems, page description diagrams, wireframes, prototypes, graphic designs, style guides.
Front and back-end development
- I do: make user experience stronger and more consistent;
- I accomplish this through: developing with the latest trends in mind, topped with a long experience in developing with ExpressionEngine;
- I deliver: complete solutions, starting from the invisible layer (back-end) to the visible, interactive stratum.
Me, Carlo Poso.
Prior to going solo and founding Berlin&Mauer, I have been leading creative and technical teams in a number of creative agencies. My experience in the field spans more than a decade, working on projects for the likes of Abarth, Alfa Romeo, Billabong, Fiat, Lancia, Nikon.
It happened to me to hang out in the neighborhoods of Brighton (UK) in the late nineties, where I incidentally got my hands on a degree in Business and Technology with a dissertation on Information Overload.
Most recently, I have developed and released The Golden Grid, an extension of 960 Grid System that addresses the needs of complete page layouting.